MEET QWELL, GREATER AUSTIN’S LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
- We are dedicated to helping every LGBTQIA+ resident improve their health, wealth, and wellbeing.
- Our work is grounded in data: More than 6,000 people take our annual anonymous LGBTQIA+ Wellbeing Survey.
- Dozens of organizations and hundreds of community members helped create QWELL’s plans.
With your help, we can build a better future for our local LGBTQIA+ community here in Greater Austin, Texas.
QWELL GETS TO THE ROOT.
Our annual research study reveals that many of the issues plaguing Greater Austin’s LGBTQIA+ people share a few root causes. Designing solutions is QWELL’s unique work:
- End social isolation by cultivating community connectedness, including Austin LGBTQIA+ Community Centers;
- Build an app to make it easy to find supportive businesses and resources;
- Maximize access to affirming physical and mental healthcare; and,
- Catalyze an LGBTQIA+ culture of health and wellbeing.
Greater Austin has the nation’s third-largest LGBTQIA+ population per capita, and with your support, QWELL can help every one live happily ever after here in Central Texas.
QWELL produced Austin’s first-ever Colors of Pride Gathering celebrating all queer/trans people of color (QTPOC) in June 2022 in partnership with Austin Latinx Pride, Austin Queer Asians, and other LGBTQIA+ leaders of color. Google sponsored this indoor, air-conditioned Pride event, which spotlighted the need for regular community-building events.
Please contact us to sponsor future gatherings!
FREE RAINBOW FLAGS FOR PRIDE
Since 2020, QWELL and our sponsors have given away more than 4,500 free rainbow flags to households all over Greater Austin (Travis, Williamson, Bastrop, Hays, and Caldwell Counties).
Businesses that support the LGBTQIA+ community sponsor rainbow flags in Q1 and then recipients visit those businesses to pick up their flags (and QWELL’s Pride Zine!) during Pride Month in June.
Our FreePrideFlag.com giveaway helps QWELL identify friendly businesses and learn where we should locate our LGBTQIA+ community centers!
THE FUTURE IS UP TO US
We’re building a grassroots movement to make Greater Austin the best place in the world for LGBTQIA+ people to live, love, learn, work, and play.
KEEP IN TOUCH
By submitting your email and cell phone number you are agreeing to receive periodic emails and text messages from this organization. Message and data rates may apply.
You can help us expand LGBTQIA+ healthcare access, provide resource navigation, and plant multiple Austin Outpost community centers!