To create a Facebook fundraiser for us, all you need to do is:
1) Visit https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers or click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
2) Under “Raise money for a nonprofit,” click “Select Nonprofit.”
3) Type “Austin Community Foundation” in the search field, then click on “Austin Community Foundation” in the results.
4) Enter the amount you’d like to raise. It’s up to you, but 500 or 1000 would be great – especially if your friends sign up to give monthly!
5) Select a date after Dec. 4, 2019, to end your fundraiser. (“Giving Tuesday” is Dec. 3, when half of all money raised on Facebook is donated.)
6) Enter the title of your fundraiser: “[Your name]’s fundraiser for QWELL/Austin Outpost Community Center.” (Important that you mention QWELL to make sure the donations make it to us.)
7) Personalize this message for your answer to “Why are you raising money?”
Will you please help me raise money for a cause close to my heart? I’ve been helping QWELL create the pop-up Austin Outpost LGBTQIA+ Community Center for awhile. Greater Austin has the third largest LGBTQIA+ population in the country and we need community centers to help us form stronger connections. We can accomplish amazing things if every member of our community chips in to make the Outpost a reality! Your contribution will make an impact, whether you donate $5 or $500. I hope you will join me as a MONTHLY donor to make sure the Outpost is sustainable. (If you donate $25/month or more, you get a sweet t-shirt and a special invitation to the opening!) Every little bit helps. Thank you for your support.
8) Choose a cover photo from the suggestions below or pick a favorite photo from our Facebook Page - or upload a photo of YOU in your Austin Outpost t-shirt!).
9) Click Create.
Inform and inspire. You want to motivate as many friends as possible to give to QWELL/Austin Outpost so you can amplify your impact. That means educating your friends, and telling the story of why this cause matters to you.
Stay involved. Check in and comment often, call out your friends to thank them when they donate, and encourage them to share the Fundraiser with more people.
Present a strong call-to-action. Giving people a milestone to work toward helps rally the crowd behind a common monetary goal.
Track your goals. Post announcements when you reach a fundraising goal, to remind people and keep them motivated. And if you reach your goal early, celebrate by raising the bar and setting the goal higher.
Offer a match. If it’s possible for you, offer to match your friends’ donations. With new matching tools, we’re making it easy to offer matching for those who can make it happen.
Share inspiring content. An inspiring video or relevant story can help keep your friends motivated and inspired. With Facebook Live video, you can even go live and be the source of inspiration yourself.
Take it offline. If possible, host an in-person party or event to continue getting your friends excited about the cause and your goal.
Follow up. At the end of the fundraising event, always report and celebrate the impact that your friends’ donations had on advancing the nonprofit’s mission.